Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Bad Ass logo and other fun stuff

Jim here for TBA. I really don't know why I keep writing that, Matt is clearly not writing any of these blog entries. When you see an entry written in crayon, you'll know. He said he'd write some, so I can only guess as to what's holding him up. Even money says it's a combination of horrible dyslexia, a fondness for unnecessary punctuation, and a general fear of letters that likely stems from a childhood hatred of Sesame Street.

What a monster. And not of the Cookie variety. Damn it, I am hilarious.

Training is going well. Very well actually. We've been getting our shit together lately, with the exception of a few missed training sessions due to alcohol. We hit the pool three times last week. During one such session, I swam a whole 700 yards. Matt got in 900. But I looked a lot faster with my obnoxious, yellow goggles.

A few weeks ago we decided to reboot our lifting program to focus on form. It was remarkably difficult to lift the same weight without cheating like we had been doing before. We need to work a bit harder on getting our runs in, but it's really tough to run for an hour when we are completely beat to shit from our P90X class. Regardless, the 25K Riverbank Run and the Rockford Marathon are rapidly approaching.

On to other matters.

I decided on “Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.” for the team motto. Thanks for all your help, but in the end it was a rather arbitrary decision. Matt's choice was, “Let me win but if I can not win let me be brave in the attempt.”. But I vetoed it because I think the Special Olympics would have sued. I don't care how many “Participant” medals he has, those people are not too fond of copyright infringement.




I spent the better part of the evening designing the new TBA logo. Some of you assholes might point out that there was never an original logo, but fuck the semantics, it's a cool logo. I think it would make a pretty sick tattoo. Team Bad Ass merchandise featuring the new logo is in the works. I'm thinking hats, t-shirts, beer-koozies, and bumper stickers. Any other ideas?

For those that didn't already know, TBA has official wristbands. Unlike those faggot-ass yellow cancer bracelets, our wristbands are black and feature the highly motivational, dare I say inspirational, secondary motto: “HURRY THE FUCK UP”.

Supply is incredibly limited, so only a select few got a HTFU wristband. Although one charlatan managed to sneak one out of Matt and then he “lost” another one. So if you really want one, you could probably give him a sob story, or just follow him around and hope he drops one. If you haven't been paying attention, Matt is about as sharp as a marble.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Jim, Out!

1 comment: